WELCOME TO PRUDHOE MEDICAL GROUP
From 01/10/2022 we will no longer be accepting prescription requests over the phone or via the Prudhoe Medical Group email, this is for patient safety purposes.
You can now request a repeat prescription via
- NHS app
- posting through the letterbox outside the surgery
- the red letter box in Reception
- our online services
- via the new Prescriptions email address below:
We appreciate your understanding and if you have any queries regarding this change please speak to one of the Reception team.
First Contact Physiotherapy
Do you have a problem that affects your neck, back, bones, joints or muscles and not feeling unwell?
Would you be happy to see a Physiotherapist rather than a GP?
Please speak to one of our Receptionists who will be happy to give further information / arrange an appointment.
MESSAGE TO PATIENTS:
Please note we are closed on Wednesday 5th April 2023 12-2pm for Staff Training
#DoYourBit to protect the NHS by keeping A&E free for serious emergencies
Our services continue to face high demand and your decisions as a patient really make a difference. We therefore ask if you would please consider:
- only using 999 and A&E if your condition is a threat to life or limb.
- using alternative services, such as local pharmacies, GP's and NHS111 On line services nhs.uk.
- attending A&E with non-emergency conditions are likely to face a long wait for treatment and may be referred to a more suitable service for their needs.
- check your symptoms, using the online symptom checker available at 111.nhs.uk, which will re-direct you to a health professional if you need to be seen by someone. If your symptoms persist and you are not getting better, please contact your GP practice for advice.
- If you need advice for an everyday illness or injury, please either contact your local pharmacy for help of look at the self-care advice that's available online from the NHS at nhs.uk.
We would like to thank our communities for all their help so far this winter and ask that you continue to lend your support to us at this challenging time. Your actions really do make a difference and by choosing the right service for your needs it helps us to prioritise care for those people who are most poorly. Patients with urgent care needs are our priority currently.
If you are a Parent / Carer / Grandparent
There are several resources which will help you understand what level of care your child needs:
- Healthier together website (https://what0-18.nhs.uk) or app available for free on the app store, will help you research all major childhood illnesses and understand what level of care your child needs.
- Newcastle and Gateshead ICB created the below The Little Orange Book is a fantastic resource if your child is poorly and will help you decide what level of help you may need.
Look for the red flags too - if you think your child needs immediate attention then its 999, not your GP.
HADRIAN EXTRA CARE HUB
For patients who prefer to be seen in the evenings or on Saturdays a service is provided in collaboration with other local practices. Appointments are available between 6:30 and 8pm at Corbridge Health Centre, Monday to Friday and from other Practices including ours from 9am to 5pm on Saturdays staffed by local GPs.
If you would prefer to be seen during these times appointments must be booked in advance, just ask our Receptionist for an appointment at the Hadrian Extra Care Hub.